Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gwen Stefani. Happy 40th!

Long ago in 1995, a wonderfully fresh band called No Doubt came onto the main stream radio scene and the MTV waves with Tragic Kingdom. I remember that album and their videos so vividly and it all had to do with Gwen Stefani.

I must confess... I love Gwen Stefani! I know it seems strange to idolize a human being, but she just happens to be talented and incredible and I guess it's ok. I love everything she does. I have now seen her on the Sweet Escape solo tour and with No Doubt and cried just a little with excitement at both shows. I also own 2 of her L.A.M.B. bags, a wallet, and the perfume.



In honor of her 40th birthday (yes, she is 40! although I would have never guessed it) just a few days ago, I thought I would show you some of my favorite photos I have found of her. She transforms herself every few years and these photos are just a few of the characters she can pull off.

...as Modern Victorian Era



...as Jean Harlow



...as Eliza Doolittle



...as Alice in Wonderland



...as 20's socialite




I have tons of other photos and will periodically showcase certain favorites of her style and relationship with husband, Gavin Rossdale. I must say they happen to be my all time favorite couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment